DIY Doctor is currently one of the largest home improvement websites in the UK. Run by tradesmen we continue to grow our business (one delighted customer at a time), which we launched on 1st November 2000.
We were born after a really bad customer experience in a DIY ‘Shed’ one evening. Our co-owner wrote to the store to offer his services as a trade consultant. In typical corporate fashion they wanted the service, but they didn’t want to pay! So DIY Doctor decided to go it alone and use the power of the internet to reach out to Home Improvers throughout the UK. At the time the internet was not so widely used, but now everyone from teenagers to silver surfers uses the wealth of information we have put online since 2000.
DIY Doctor is committed to putting the customer first, providing a platform for novice and experienced Home Improvers so they can get together with experienced tradesmen to share knowledge, skills and experience about anything to do with house and home, from building skills to gardening, and from tool reviews to Avoiding Cowboy Builders.
Almost 14 years down the line our integrity has been rewarded by invitations to become members of the National Home Improvement Council and repeated appearances on British radio and television programmes such as BBC Watchdog. We have written a Master Basic DIY book which is now in its second edition and we appear as guest presenters at Home Building and Renovating Trade Shows all over the UK.
As well as a team of builders providing new information on the website daily, we have an incredibly loyal and hardworking back-room staff of five.
Charles (above left) supreme commander of all things financial and Mike (above right), wholly in charge of our Brand Management. These guys love the challenge of providing solid, straightforward information to home improvers in ways which they can understand and which have an element of fun attached….They both share the same idea about DIY Doctor which drives them to produce the very best site they can :- Whatever the user is happy with today, may not be good enough tomorrow
The thorn between the two roses is James. James, known as Jimbob, is almost a spy with his mastery of code and other weird and mysterious stuff that happens in the back of our servers. He has been with DIY Doctor for eight years now, and without him..... Well, we'd rather not think about that.
On the left is the wonderful Charlotte. Fairly new to the team she has undertaken the ludicrously busy job of content analyst. It is Charlotte who makes sure our pages are what you are looking for and in case she gets any spare time, she organises competitions and writes the newsletters too!
Last, but by no means least is Philippa. Known as "Dippy" she is anything but! She is responsible for all of our social media activity, our data-basing and pretty much everything to do with sales and marketing communications. Between us we strive to:
- Bring you honest and real DIY advice using trade knowledge communicated in an easy to understand, fun way.
- Bring you advice on the latest technologies and information regarding the rules and regulations concerning your home.
- Keep you up to date with all things Green and Eco friendly via our sister site Be Energy Smart.
- Protect you from rogue traders by serving you all the information you need to make the right choices, check traders out and work to a contract to ensure a successful conclusion for all concerned.
- Give you, and tradesmen, FREE access to the latest prices for construction ensuring you are both happy with your quote for the building work.
- Put you in front of only products and services we would be happy to use ourselves.
- Give you access to thousands of pages of How To information regarding DIY and home improvement projects you can undertake in your home.
- Show you the best tools and products informative videos
- Maintain a huge DIY Community with our on-line forum
- Bring you trade tools at DIY Prices
If you would like to contact the DIY Doctor team please visit our Contact Us page
There are also opportunities to advertise on the DIY Doctor website, find out more on our Advertise With DIY Doctor page