Wow, just found out loads about Carbon Monoxide….DIY Doctor was approached by a lovely lady from The Carbon Monoxide – Be Alarmed Campaign who asked if we would help raise awareness for the campaign….We read up on it and decided we really should!
We have launched a project page telling you all about Carbon Monoxide and what it is, what is does and most importantly, how to avoid it killing you !
Dangerous stuff. Can’t smell it, can’t taste, can’t see it, cant touch it and yet it gets into your bloodstream much faster than oxygen and effectively suffocates you.
Tell as many people as you like, it’s nasty – and the campaign has our full support.
One of the most disturbing things about Carbon Monoxide poisoning is that it often goes undetected, and is put down to other conditions. However for the price of a bottle of house wine you could fit a Carbon Monoxide Detector that will give an audible alarm if it detects Carbon Monoxide in your house.
It is estimated that around 50 deaths a year are caused by Carbon Monoxide poisoning and the Heath and Safety Executive are concerned it could be far more than this as health professionals do not routinely check for it.
There are any number of people who are suffering unnecessarily due to Carbon Monoxide poisoning, all they need to do is fit a detector. Symptoms can include nausea, dizziness and headaches. It is hardly even a DIY job to fit a detector, as most will plug in or run off batteries.
To help you learn more about Carbon Monoxide and its affects we have written a project about it. Click here to see more about Carbon Monoxide on DIY Doctor.
We Love Comments
What do you think about the above post? Let us know by leaving your comments below.
2 Responses to “Carbon Monoxide Be Alarmed”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
See our Other Great Content