With Autumn here and the weather getting chillier, there are a few jobs to do before the cold weather really sets in.
- Try to finish any outside decorating, and any cement work which can be affected by frost should be done before temperatures drop.
- Clear leaves and any other debris from drains and guttering. Repair any leaking downpipes or gutters.
- Clean patios and paths before they get slippery.
- Make sure any exterior lights are working.
- Get a competent, registered tradesman to service your boiler – don’t wait until it is really cold to discover that it’s not working!
- Check all pipework in your loft is insulated.
- Check all doors and windows are draughtproofed.
- If your home suffers from condensation, this can be greatly reduced by making sure rooms are well ventilated. This can helped by fitting trickle vents and extractor fans where appropriate.