1) The Hanging Gardens of Babylon were recreated for the 1974 Show, full scale!
2) The last Daily Mail ideal Home Show to be held at Olympia was in 1978, and since then it has been held at it’s current home of Earls Court
3) Over 60,000,000 people have visited the show since it first opened in 1908. That is equal to the population of Great Britain!
4) Captain Scott (‘of the Antarctic’) visited the show in 1911 and bought a pneumatic piano-player to take with him on his ill fated voyage to the South Pole where he and his four companions lost their lives
5) In the 1980′s and 90′s the Show House village took 12 days to build. Each house had to be able to take the weight of 200 people!
See our Other Great Content
Tell us What you Think
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.