A homeowner in Staffordshire who has made his home a DIY disaster zone has been banned from living in it. The semi-detached house in Hulton has been so badly altered that a Housing Act court order was given to the owner to prevent anybody from living in it.
The list of disasters in the house reported in the local paper included:
- a bedroom in the loft which was only 3ft high (and accessed by stairs made from pallets)
- all the walls had been taken back to bare brick
- no hot water in bathroom or kitchen
- no work surfaces or cupboards in kitchen
- no heating in the house, with no wall insulation
- only one room had electrical sockets
- the chimney breast had been removed leaving the chimney structurally unsafe
- an open drain inside the house
- no lighting in the house
- no handrail on the ground floor staircase
- leaking water due to ground floor alterations (and as the property is semi-detached, this damaged next door property too)
On top of that, the owner had actually rented the house out to a lady after he had received the court order! Unbelievable but true!!
We Love Comments
What do you think about the above post? Let us know by leaving your comments below.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
See our Other Great Content