A homeowner in Staffordshire who has made his home a DIY disaster zone has been banned from living in it. The semi-detached house in Hulton has been so badly altered that a Housing Act court order was given to the owner to prevent anybody from living in it.
The list of disasters in the house reported in the local paper included:
- a bedroom in the loft which was only 3ft high (and accessed by stairs made from pallets)
- all the walls had been taken back to bare brick
- no hot water in bathroom or kitchen
- no work surfaces or cupboards in kitchen
- no heating in the house, with no wall insulation
- only one room had electrical sockets
- the chimney breast had been removed leaving the chimney structurally unsafe
- an open drain inside the house
- no lighting in the house
- no handrail on the ground floor staircase
- leaking water due to ground floor alterations (and as the property is semi-detached, this damaged next door property too)
On top of that, the owner had actually rented the house out to a lady after he had received the court order! Unbelievable but true!!
See our Other Great Content
Tell us What you Think
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.