DIY Doctor is pleased to announce that it has now become a member of the National Home Improvement Council.
The NHIC was launched in 1975 and since then has set out to support, encourage and promote home improvement and energy efficiency to homeowners and throughout the industry as well as having a close liaison with government, local authorities and housing associations.
Their main objectives are:
- To support and encourage home improvement measures which make households more energy efficient and reduce carbon emissions in line with government targets.
- To support and encourage the improvement of standards throughout the home improvement industry.
- To promote to homeowners the benefits of renovating and upgrading their homes to high energy efficiency standards
- To be the voice of the home improvement industry to government, opposition and Whitehall to ensure that housing policies and public funding are directed at home improvement.
- To act as the catalyst for public sector housing bodies to stimulate modernisation of existing housing.
- To encourage private investment in the housing sector.
They have lots of good, common sense home improvement advice on their website including pages on renewable energy systems, the Green Deal, water conservation, doors and windows, kitchens and bathrooms as well as heating and hot water amongst others.
We will be bringing you more information and news regarding the National Home Improvement Council in the future, so watch this space!
We Love Comments
What do you think about the above post? Let us know by leaving your comments below.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
See our Other Great Content