Don’t be a DIY Disaster! This video gives some words of wisdom and has lots of vintage comedy clips including Laurel and Hardy!
Welcome to DIY Doctor's blog
A man in America has had a very close call after accidently shooting himself in the heart with a nail gun.
The self employed builder was working on a neighbours roof when the nail gun he was using jammed and as he tried to release it, it shot a 3 1/2″ nail into his chest. Dennis Hennis who is 52 and a grandfather of three, was eventually flown to hospital after a 30 minute ambulance journey, after fog had cleared allowing the helicopter to rescue him.
Another very real example of how dangerous nail guns can be, even when you are used to using them.
A man found himself pinned to the floor after accidently tripping and firing a five inch nail into his hand recently.
The DIY enthusiast was alone in his house in Shropshire when the accident happened which left him stranded for 3 hours as he was unable to reach a phone and didn’t have his mobile on him. He was rescued when his partner came home from work at 11pm and found him and called the emergency services.
Firefighters ended up removing part of the floorboards to release him before he was able to be taken to hospital in Stoke on Trent.
DIY Doctor have a project on using a nail gun which explains how they work and why and when you might choose to use one. But please remember to take care if you are using one, especially if you are DIYing on your own!!
Some of these we’ve seen before, but a good compilation nevertheless! And a good soundtrack too!