100mm Holesaw - Need to Locate Arbour to Fit Drill or Holesaw
Ask questions and find answers on all aspects of tools including hand & power tools.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
carbar
Apprentice
Apprentice

100mm Holesaw - Need to Locate Arbour to Fit Drill or Holesaw

Post by carbar » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:53 am

Hello

I need to drill a 100mm diameter hole in my ceilng. I have a set of holesaws, but they are too small, so I bought at 102mm holesaw.

Unfortunately it didn't fit the arbour that came with my set, as the holesaw has a circular hole but the arbour has a partially round shaft with two straight edges.

So I bought an new arbour with a circular shaft, but it was too large to fit into my drill.

So, my question is - can I get a 102mm holesaw that will fit my existing arbour, or alternatively can I get an arbour with a circular shaft that will fit my drill?

Thanks,

Carl

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: 100mm Holesaw - Need to Locate Arbour to Fit Drill or Holesaw

Post by proptech » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:35 pm

Hi Carl
The normal size of an arbor for that size holesaw will fit a 1/2 inch chuck, In most cases the saw would screw onto the arbor, and be secured by two pins. The shank being 1/2 inch hexagon, although there are 5/8 versions.So the question is, what size is your drill chuck, and what size is the arbor ?
I do have to say that if your drill is a cordless version, I doubt that it would have the power to cope with a 102mm holesaw, You need a lot of torque, even in plasterboard.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:20 pm