2 gang switch - lighting query
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
markymark31
Labourer
Labourer

2 gang switch - lighting query

by markymark31 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:02 pm

I am looking to connect a Lighted Mirror in my bathroom to be controlled by a two gang single dimmer switch. The Bathroom lighting is connected via a loop in system. What would be the best way of connecting this together? I was hoping to connect the mirror into the loop rather that run it straight into the CCU but the ceiling rose has no spare terminal blocks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: 2 gang switch - lighting query

by BLAKEY1963 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:44 pm

[quote="markymark31"]I am looking to connect a Lighted Mirror in my bathroom to be controlled by a two gang single dimmer switch. The Bathroom lighting is connected via a loop in system. What would be the best way of connecting this together? I was hoping to connect the mirror into the loop rather that run it straight into the CCU but the ceiling rose has no spare terminal blocks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks[/quote]

MARKYMARK31
THIS IS NOTIFIABLE WORK. U NEED 2 GET IN YOUR
PART P SPARKY.
BLAKEY1963

markymark31
Labourer
Labourer

by markymark31 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:40 pm

this is not part P notifyable work at all. I have checked. i suggest you do the same

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:19 am

To Markymark31.

Please re-check with the building control department of your local council. The Part P regulations simply state that alterations to an existing circuit or addition of a new circuit in a bathroom, unless it is on a like for like basis require the work to be certified. The bathroom is treated as a special zone to make it safe and if your home insurance could easily be nullified by unqualified or certificated work in a bathroom.

markymark31
Labourer
Labourer

by markymark31 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:02 pm

i am an electrician and have been practicing for a four years. I would be carrying out the work through my company which is NICEIC registered. I always like to check with other electricians on how a job might be done beforehand. Just bouncing ideas really.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:40 am