2 lights controlled by 2 way switching
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pureollie
Labourer
Labourer

2 lights controlled by 2 way switching

Post by pureollie » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi I have 2 upstairs lights controlled by 2 way switching, 1 switch downstairs and 1 upstairs. The light at the end of the circuit ( with 1 live,1 switched live and 1 earth) works fine. The other light is not working and has 3 blacks to neutral, 3 reds to loop, and 1 switched live(black with red sleeve) and 1 red to Live. plus 4 earths. I have tried the red from switched live terminal into loop but this leaves light that is working permanently on. Any advice please.

ericmark

Post by ericmark » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:38 pm

On two way switching the two way bit normally goes from switch to switch and the lamps are as any other lamp in the house. Where two lamps are supplied from the same switch it is normal to simply connect one to switch then link both together. There is a set of diagrams in projects section and I can’t spot any obvious faults in your description. How long has it not worked for? Has anyone been working on the lights? Maybe it’s not the light which in not working which has the fault but another lamp in the system?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:19 pm