3 way lighting switch

Postby aries1950 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:14 pm

Hi

I am in the process of updating my home, in my hall I have 3 way lighting and I want to remove the middle switch, the wire colours are: two yellow,two blue and three red which are together in a connector block, any help would be welcome thanks
aries1950
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:52 am

The three red seem odd, normally there would only be two. As a result I may be wrong in your case. But normally you would connect yellow to yellow and blue to blue. When removing any electrical item either you most leave something like a blanking plate to show where it was or remove completely. There are "Permitted Zones" for wiring once you remove the ID to show where it ran it is no longer a permitted zone.
ericmark

Postby aries1950 » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:02 pm

hi ericmark
thank you very much for the information, on closer inspection there is only 2 red! my mistake
(':oops:')
Embarassed
aries1950
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!