A quote for 8 VEKA uPVC windows, 2m x 90cm approx?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
LittleDi
Labourer
Labourer

A quote for 8 VEKA uPVC windows, 2m x 90cm approx?

by LittleDi » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:14 pm

The windows are tilt & turn (with a non-opening panel at bottom due to their large size) with 2 panes 60mm glass & 20mm space in between (not vacuum - chap said that's all just sales patter, you can't have a vacuum as glass is porous). Sills would be mahogany. No deposit required. He seemed reputable; he wanted me to sign up then and there but didn't push it. He said VEKA are brilliant quality but of course I don't know.... Price quoted £7.7K (I think that's inc VAT). He said WeatherSeal (who quoted £5K) don't fit very well and may not use the specs of window that they showed me in their sample... I think I believe him.

Any thoughts you may have would be (very) gratefully received.

a6windows
Apprentice
Apprentice

by a6windows » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:19 pm

i would say that around £450 is about right 7.7k for them is ott

LittleDi
Labourer
Labourer

Argon between double glazing panes - worth the extra?

by LittleDi » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:06 pm

Thanks for your thoughts on this - having had a few more quotes, I agree that £7,700 was way OTT! I've got a quote for £4,711 including sound-reducing laminate (6.4mm & 4mm thick panes with 18mm in between). The chap would be using "22" profile... Any thoughts on this brand? Also: do you think that using argon between the panes will be worthwhile? Sound insulation is desperately important to me as I live above a bus stop where kids hang out and drunks like to air their views....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:29 am