accessing the pin in danfoss thermostat
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
alba
Labourer
Labourer

accessing the pin in danfoss thermostat

by alba » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:02 pm

I have a cold radiator and am assuming that the thermostat pin may require releasing.
Unfortunately I cannot work out how to remove the outer casing to access this pin.
I think its an older model, but the description is as follows ; black cap on end with danfoss logo, the main part is white plastic which flairs into a skirt shape at the bottom where the numbers are printed. Beyond this is a black plastic ring with a small pointer which superimposes over the number skirt.
Hope this is an adequate description....the point is I can see no screws or apparent means to release the sensor cover and gain access to the pin.
Don.t want to force anything but is it just clip-on? If so what do I hold and what do I pull.
Would be very grateful for advice or input. As a pensioner I can,t afford to pay out £60 for a two minute job if can avoid it.

Excuse rambling post

Thanks in advance

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:20 pm

Where the numbers are printed, or maybe just below. This will be where it is connected to the valve. You should be able to turn a part of the valve by hand to release it from the valve.

It's normally a large nut that is just tightened on by hand.

You may need waterpump pliers or something similar if the valves are quite old.

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

by The Heating Doctor » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:26 pm

Some Danfoss TRV heads are attached to the valve body via a collar with a allan key, once the allan key is released then the head can be removed as described by htg eng.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1