adding a extra socket

Postby darren webb » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi there ,i want to put another socket in my bedroom .I have a socket below where i want to add another socket.The old socket has two wire going to it.Can i wire stait of the old socket.Can anyone help me. :?
darren webb
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:18 am

There is loads in projects on this. The IET has released an up-date to 17th Edition and this includes a chart on all that is allowed.

Try here google "theiet.org/publishing/wiring-regulations/updates/ " and look at BS 7671:2008, Corrigendum (July 2008) go to end of document.

Testing to find if ring main or radial or spur from spur is important and to just connect is not really good enough. Also any new sockets or buried wire under 50mm from surface will need RCD protection.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!