All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
roundhay
Apprentice
Apprentice

adding a second bathroom to a property

Post by roundhay » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:50 pm

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could give advice on installing a second bathroom in a property reguarding the water heating.

I currently have a condensing combi boiler heating the rest of the house but i want a second shower and basin. Would i need to install a completly independant heating system for the new bathroom or is there any easier way of doing it?

cheers

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:05 am

Mixer or electric shower ?

If you were wanting to run 2 showers at the same time - a condensing combi would struggle.

More information please
Last edited by htg engineer on Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skids
Ganger
Ganger

Post by Skids » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:49 pm

Hi roundhay

When the condensing combi boiler was fitted the CORGI installer will/should have sized the new boiler to meet the demands of the house/system.

If you add more outlets to the system there is a high chance that the boiler will not cope if there is a high demand on the boiler.

One or two hot taps may not affect the performance, think about an electric shower?

Regards

Skids

roundhay
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by roundhay » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:39 am

so could i tap off my existing system, extend the pipes upstairs to my second bathroom where i would have a basin and an electric shower?

would i be able to run the mixer shower off the condensing combi boiler and the electric shower off the cold feed at the same time?

cheers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:36 am