Adding a Socket to a hollow wall?

Postby pjames.79 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:58 am

Hi, Im looking for a bit of advice for putting in a new socket-
Id like it to go downstairs in the living room, there is a plug nearby already that I can run a spur off but the location I would like to put it in is hollow - in that its a 'blocked up' hole where the staircase used to be and is only a bit of plasterboard..
Is this possible still and is there some sort of special fitment Id need for the plug? All the info I can see so far is for the the socket boxes that need to be embedded into a wall (but i have no wall!)
Any advice much appreciated
Thank you, Paul.
pjames.79
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Hi, go to thi9s link for a mounting or "patress" box which is especially made for plasterboard walls. It is fitted from the outside and simply tightens up on the board as you screw in the face plate.
thedoctor

Postby pjames.79 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi I'll have a look, thank you for your help!
Paul.
pjames.79
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!