Adding a Wireless Light Switch for Hall Lighting
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jwsswain
Labourer
Labourer

Adding a Wireless Light Switch for Hall Lighting

by jwsswain » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:03 am

I am hoping someone may be able to help me with an issue.

My hall lighting is set up with two lights, one at the bottom of the stairs, and one at the top.
Downstairs is a 2 gang switch. One gang controls the downstairs light, and is the only switch for it.
The upstairs light is controlled by the second gang on the downstairs switch, and alternatively by a 1 gang switch upstairs.

I want to add, if possible, a wireless switch to act as a second switch for the downstairs light (which I can place discretely in my porch). The current switch is set very far back from the front door, meaning that you walk in the house in the dark, and have to come fully into the house before turning any lights on. It's very frustrating.

I have seen various wireless light switch options, but usually where it is intended to be used where there is no existing switch. I have not been able to figure out whether it is possible to do what I am seeking to.

Can anyone offer any advice, and products that could be used?

Thanks

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Adding a Wireless Light Switch for Hall Lighting

by kbrownie » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:33 pm

You would be best contacting the manufacturers of the RF systems, they will advice you on the suitability of their products and if they can be used as hybrid to convert a single way fixed wired switch, to a RF and fixed wiring functional 2 way set up.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:05 am