Adding Extra Sockets in Kitchen Setting - Notifiable or not?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
WayneDIY
Apprentice
Apprentice

Adding Extra Sockets in Kitchen Setting - Notifiable or not?

by WayneDIY » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:18 am

Hello Forum...

I am deemed to be a 'competent person' but not a member of a scheme.

Someone has asked me to add some extra sockets to the circuit supplying the kitchen in their shop premises.

Even though it doesn't involve a 'new circuit', the work is still 'notifiable' as it is in a kitchen setting...am I right?

If so, building control need informing 7 days before commencement?

If all goes well and they give permission, I can do the work and they will send someone to verify compliance??

On completion, I can then inspect, test and issue a 'Minor Works' certificate?

Can anyone please confirm/correct me on this one?

Many thanks to all,

Wayne

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Adding Extra Sockets in Kitchen Setting - Notifiable or not?

by ericmark » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:52 pm

In a shop it is health and safety at work act not Part P so all you need is insurance and knowledge there is no need to be a scheme member.

If it is considered as a domestic then it depends where you live. Wales still has kitchens on the list but England does not. Not a clue about Scotland.

If it did need notifying the cost is silly just not worth doing. It's starts with first £2000 worth of work and if your doing £2000 worth it's not a bad price but for £200 worth cost as much to notify as do the work.

I would from what you say think all you need to do is issue the minor works certificate.

WayneDIY
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Adding Extra Sockets in Kitchen Setting - Notifiable or not?

by WayneDIY » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:17 am

Thanks for the reply, very informative. It's always good practise to check these things.

Regards,

Wayne

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:15 pm