Adding on UFH in conservatory to existing CH system
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
matrixyat
Labourer
Labourer

Adding on UFH in conservatory to existing CH system

by matrixyat » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi,

I currently have a central heating system, separated with two zone valves to run upstairs and downstairs radiators independently. I have recently added under floor heating to my conservatory and need some advice on how this needs to be wired and plumbed in to run independently and call for heat without activating the upstairs or downstairs heating.
So far, I think that the return on the UFH would need to be connected to the return on the boiler, and a new motorised valve fitted to the flow on the boiler which is then connected to a separate pump for the UFH. But, I cant get my head around where all the wiring needs to be done, as I have a thermostat, pump and motorised valve that all need wiring up....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Chris

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:18 pm

matrixyat,
Fit the pump and MV near to the boiler, the thermostat in the conservatory and wire them following the instructions with the MV. You will then need to trigger the boiler using a feed from the MV which should be connected into the wiring centre for the existing system, all you have to do is to find the right terminal.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1