Adding wood burner to existing system
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Devallon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Adding wood burner to existing system

Post by Devallon » Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:40 pm

I want to add a wood burner into an existing central heating system. It seems a waste to have all that heat going up a chimney when it could supplement a wet central heating system. Has anyone done it ?
My concern is overheating the water, possible boiling etc. Any views or ideas on how to do it or prevent boiling ?
As I'm currently running on oil (no gas in village), which is getting expensive, I wondered about getting a ground source heat pump - I have an old well outside the back door that is a constant temperature. Could I run the heat pump off the well, and use the wood burner to keep the well temperature up and therefore make the HP more efficient ? Or would losses outway the benefit ?
Any ideas out there ?
Thanks
Bill

stuartrivchun
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Adding wood burner to existing system

Post by stuartrivchun » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:55 am

I think thats a good idea to get a Ground Source Heat Pump installed, I have an experience of using GSHP(Ground Source Heat Pump). A geothermal heat pump system simply transfers thermal energy (heat) from the ground or ground water into the space being conditioned during the winter months and transfers excess heat from the structure back into the ground or ground water in the summer months. Because the temperature of the ground or ground water remains fairly constant.

Its installation is very beneficial for the environment and it help in saving energy ,time and money. And help in providing the best result to its users.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1