Adhesive required to re-attach metal bracket to glass door o

Postby homevine » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:46 pm

:?: Due to an accident involving my grandson, a metal bracket has become detached from the outer glass panel on the main oven door of our Parkinson Cowan Town & Country Double Oven gas cooker.
Could anyone possibly recommend an adhesive which would be suitable for re-attaching that metal bracket ?
It must of course be able to withstand the heat generated in the oven; however there is an inner glass panel that provides some protection.
The bracket still has the original bonding agent attached to it. Should I remove that or would it be better to leave that in place ? [color=brown][/color]
Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:22 am

Adrite will do the job but when it gets hot first time it will go very runny and you would need to heat door and find a way to hold handle on that first heat up.

Postby homevine » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:03 am

Thanks for that reply.

Just to say I have actually used EVO-STIK Serious Glue and, so far, that seems to have been successful.
Progress to next rank:

Postby seige » Sat May 10, 2008 10:25 pm

Hard as Nails glue is pretty darn rugged for this sort of thing...
Progress to next rank:

Postby TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:18 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!