Advice Needed for Colour Matching Room with Grey Sofas
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
rjenkins95
Labourer
Labourer

Advice Needed for Colour Matching Room with Grey Sofas

by rjenkins95 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:14 am

Hi,

I'm having trouble with choosing colours that go with my grey sofas.
Up until today I had a teal rug and accessories to match but that seemed a bit "too much". So today I changed the accessories to purple (with the intention of purchasing a grey rug) but now it looks like a bedroom :-(
I'm usually okay with interior design but this living room is giving me nightmares!!
Has anyone got any ideas?

P.S. I'm not loaded with money, I already had the purple accessories in my attic.

TIA :-)

diydoctor6
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Advice Needed for Colour Matching Room with Grey Sofas

by diydoctor6 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:44 am

A great place to start with this is to use a Colour Wheel:

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/colour-theory.htm

This should help you get started!

Endless_project
Labourer
Labourer

by Endless_project » Wed May 04, 2016 6:15 pm

Hi - are you still around? Grey is a very versatile colour and you can use it as a base for different combinations. The overall look will depend also on the orientation of your room - the most ideal orientation for grey would be south or east facing rooms - avoid grey in north facing as it may look muddy. It goes very well with muted greens and with teal as you said. Why do you say that teal is too much? You can have nice soft teals that do not give you a turquoise-y effect. Think about pea green and some muted lime greens too - they need not be over the top bright. Grey is also fab with orange and rust or different yellows. White will also work - on the walls - but you will need colourful accessories to enliven the room. Just avoid brown, dark blue, bottle green or red and you're good.
Wonder how you got on

rachi
Apprentice
Apprentice

by rachi » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:30 am

if you have grey sofa go for black or white colour even blue or golder colour will look good .

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:16 pm