Advice needed for which type of heating for kitchen

Postby sec79 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:18 am


Any help would be much appreciated.
I have a small kitchen (width 2.4 metres depth 2.9metres) and not sure what is the best heating option to go for, when I have my new kitchen installed. The existing radiator is being removed.

I have looked at underfloor heating, but have been advised that as it is such a small room it will takes ages to heat up, and cost a lot to run.

I was then looking at vertical wall radiators to fit at the end of one worktop (only free wall), but the maximum size it could be would be 100cm x 50cm. Aswell as being very expensive to buy, I've been advised that it might not produce much heat due to its size.

I've stumbled across plinth heating, and wondered if this might be the best option? If so what features/ brands should I be going for, how many would I need and where is the cheapest place to get a reasonable quality one?

Many thanks
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:59 am


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:25 pm

I wouldn't get an electric plinth heater, but I would get the one that plumbs into the existing heating system.

As for the price and quality - you'll have to shop around.
Try screwfix.

htg engineer
Posts: 3219
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics