Advice Needed on Laying Laminate Flooring over Bamboo Floor

Postby jason1212 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:43 am

hi guys,

i have a bamboo floor that i laid around 10 years ago over a concrete base, looking really tired now. DPM and underlay were put underneath. would like to know if its possible to place a cheap laminate directly over the bamboo. the reason i dont want to remove it is because it was quite expensive, would like to restore it at a later date when the kids have grown up and stopped spilling and
dropping things on it.

the floor is level with no dips or voids. could the laminate be put directly on top with no further underlay?
jason1212
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby diydoctor6 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:59 am

I don't see why not, so long as the existing bamboo floor is sound.

If you are looking for some good info on laying laminate you can have a look at our project on it here: http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/fl ... inates.htm
diydoctor6
Progress to next rank:
55.3%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!