Advice Needed on Wallpaper on to Plastic Doors?
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
susiebee
Labourer
Labourer

Advice Needed on Wallpaper on to Plastic Doors?

Post by susiebee » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:23 pm

Hello

I am wanting to cover some bookcase doors with wallpaper. The door section to be covered is 30.5cm x 185cm and are plastic. They are some Ikea Billy doors.

I have got some wallpaper and want to decorate them but am not sure what would be best to stick wallpaper onto plastic - i was thinking of double sided tape or an adhesive spray? i assume wallpaper paste is a no. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Balisier Concepts
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Advice Needed on Wallpaper on to Plastic Doors?

Post by Balisier Concepts » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:00 pm

Hiya

I've stuck wallpaper with pva glue to painted wood and laminate before so you could probably use for plastic.. my only suggestion would be to remove the doors and lay them flat it doesn't try to slip down whilst it's drying..

Only use a thin coat as the more you put the more slippery it can become. As it's the entire door it might be worth putting the glue on the door rather that the paper.. make sure you have a hard roller or stiff paintbrush to smooth out any bubbles as you go.

You could also try adhesive spray but you'd have to probably spray this onto the paper.

I'didn't then finish with a varnish coat - again you can either use a spray or paint.

Hope this helps.. Enjoy

Aliyyah Brooks

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:32 am