Advice on Domestic Mains Powered Ceiling Alarms
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

Amanda12
Labourer
Labourer

Advice on Domestic Mains Powered Ceiling Alarms

by Amanda12 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:26 pm

These are the cream plastic ones which are mains powered. Most homes have them with a green light indicating they are on etc

Well, Mine went off this evening, and I think what triggered them is my neighbour's cooking. They live downstairs and NEVER open windows when cooking. Tonight not only could I smell their cooking more strongly than ever ( there was a VERY powerful cooking odour) it was also hot inside my flat due to the heat from their cooking.

Even the whole block of flats was smelling of food and hot. But why did MY alarms go off? Theirs did'nt. To be fair my alarms don't like the steam from my hair straighteners/flat irons. Some things set them off, others don't. Are alarms supposed to be like that?

Sorry If my post is in the wrong place.

I check my alarms weekly. It is a requirement to ensure fire alarms are working etc And I'm safety conscious so it's unlikely to be a fault with the alarms. Anyone had this problem?