All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ZIain
Labourer
Labourer

Advice on P Shaped Bath and Shower Screens Needed

by ZIain » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:15 pm

Hi,

I'm no tradesman so please bear with me. We have a P shaped bath that has been in our house since we moved in. Recently the hinge on the bottom of the shower screen decided it had had enough and fell apart. I originally hoped to get a new hinge and profile (i believe that's what they're called), but i have no idea where to get one, i have have stripped it down and cannot find a single identifying mark. So I have finally given in and accepted I am going to have to buy a new screen, even though there is nothing wrong with the screen I have.

However after some googling I am concerned about finding the right shape, it looks to me that of the screens available, there are a number of different size radii. Can anyone advise on how to find the right shower screen for my bath?

Thanks

Iain

thedoctor

Re: Advice on P Shaped Bath and Shower Screens Needed

by thedoctor » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:18 am

Hi

If you have the make of bath you should be able to go to a plumbers merchants who - if they are helpful enough - should be able to tracj down the correct screen but the fact is that most P screens are pretty similar in size and profile. If the screen is not an exact match in shape then set it in 25mm oor so in order for the screen to be ever so slightly inside the internal rim of the P on the bath. This ensures that the water runs into the bath and not onto the rim from where it can leak to the floor if the P is not an exact match.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:21 am