Advice on Repainting and Refurbshing Red Brick Terraced House Exterior
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sheffdave236
Labourer
Labourer

Advice on Repainting and Refurbshing Red Brick Terraced House Exterior

by sheffdave236 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi there - I'm updating this rather ugly terraced house and would like some input on colour schemes and any tips.

Its red brick originally and painted red, so thinking I'll repaint it in a fresh red brick colour. Do you think doing the black parts in black again or in another colour? How about the front door?

Will be replacing both windows (the bottom one has been set in the wrong place and this will be fixed) too at the same time and want to give the whole front of the house a fresh look as attractive as possible.

Any ideas and tips welcome!
Cheers,
David
Attachments
House ideas.png

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Advice on Repainting and Refurbshing Red Brick Terraced House Exterior

by TheDoctor4 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:15 am

Hi David

As the whole place is painted red you would probably be best off giving it a fresh lick of paint. It might be nice to return it to it's original bare-brick look but that would involve removing all the existing paint which would be quite a task.

If you did decide to go down this route you might then like to consider brick tinting. One such company that supplies products of this type is Bebbington Brick: http://www.bebbingtonbrick.co.uk/ They supply a range of tints and dyes, may be worth a look.

As for the windows and doors, it may be nice for all to match e.g. all black or all white to match windows, but black and red as a combination do work quite well together in my opinion.

Hope this helps

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:58 am