Advice on Tiles / Cladding ?

Postby Sam80 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:34 pm

Currently in the process of having an en-suite built. I have a choice of either tiling / cladding just the shower cubicle or cladding / tiling all the walls. I'm not too keen on tiling all walls, so i wondered if anyone has experience with the UPVC cladding and if it is as durable as the manufacturers say.
Also, i've noticed that a polyfoam cladding is available but it is nearly double the price of the UPVC. Again, has anyone had experience and any advice they are willing to share?

Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby marrtin » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:41 am

New here so just seen your question.

I have installed upvc cladding in many bathrooms over the last 10 years. I have been back to a number of installations, and have mostly found that customers have been pleased with their choice.

Cladding really has only one drawback. It is easily damaged or scratched. I would never recommend it in a family situation - where there are young kids for example. It offers a barrier between cold walls and the humid air of a shower area. This practically eliminates mould growth.
Progress to next rank:

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!