Advice on Type of Brick to use for Outdoor Concrete Top for Argentinian Style BBQ
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
turribeach
Labourer
Labourer

Advice on Type of Brick to use for Outdoor Concrete Top for Argentinian Style BBQ

Post by turribeach » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:32 pm

Hi guys, I need some advice on the type of brick to use for an outdoor concrete top. I got an Argentinian style BBQ which I have placed over a concrete base in the garden. I now want to create a concrete top right to the BBQ basically using the rest of the concrete base I built for that purpose (see red drawing in the picture). I plan to build the 2 side and back brick walls and then put a concrete table top so the wall needs some strength. What's the best brick for this job?

As the BBQ is exposed to the UK weather and I will be storing wood and charcoal below the table (I will build some wooden doors) I want bricks with low water porosity. I found these on Selco but I am not sure if I should use them as the description says "non-facing brick". Ideally I would want something on concrete to stay the BBQ's grey and avoid having to render the bricks. Any ideas?

https://www.selcobw.com/products/buildi ... ring-brick

IMG_9383a.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Advice on Type of Brick to use for Outdoor Concrete Top for Argentinian Style BBQ

Post by welsh brickie » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:15 pm

yes you can use a pressed engineering brick, with the concrete top though you will need to tile it as concrete is porous and your wood/charcoal will get mouldy and wet

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:32 am