After Draining Radiators for Burst Pipe Bathroom Radiator now Cold
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

olly1966
Labourer
Labourer

After Draining Radiators for Burst Pipe Bathroom Radiator now Cold

by olly1966 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:34 pm

Hi,

Okay, I'm a novice so ill try to explain what I know. We have a gas boiler that heats the rads and provides hot water which is stored in a large immersion heater tank and I keep the pressure gauge at 1bar. I had to drain my rads due to pipe burst which I have now fixed. All radiators work fine, after lots of bleeding, on that circuit and it seems the heating of the hot water works but the rad in the bathroom which comes on with the hot water heating isn't getting hot now so I'm stumped. Its bled but just cold water comes out. Its hard to test because I don't know when the system is heating the water or not. Plus I don't really understand how it all works anyway! I'm wondering if its the switcher.

If there was a problem with the switcher how would I know?
Is the fact I have hot water enough to tell me the switcher is working properly?
The little metal slider on the switcher just slides very freely back and forth shouldn't there be some resistance?
Does the hot water heating circuit need to use the pump or is that only for the central heating?

Basically why is my bathroom rad cold now? Any help or a lesson in plumbing would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Olly

It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:08 pm