Air in my central heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bechensfeld
Apprentice
Apprentice

Air in my central heating

by bechensfeld » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:30 am

A volume of air bubbles around the gas-fired (Potterton Profile 50e with
individual stats on each radiator) and it won't bleed out of the rads or the escape value at the tank. 2 plumbers have suggested I fire boiler on max temp. turn on one rad only and bleed it but has made no difference. Header tank is fine (water is rusty coloured but we are in a sandstone area which may cause that) so is there anything I can do before draining and flushing the whole system? Plumbers say this can take many hours which they have to charge for just to watch and wait. Fair enough but I would like to leave this to the last resort if possible.

screech
Ganger
Ganger

by screech » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:37 am

best way to clear air is to stop/start the pump a few times and not letting the boiler fire

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Steve the gas » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:33 am

Hi,

If you feel able drain it down and refill a couple of times -- see if it improves, but research how to do it first of course.

Hth

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:35 am

How do you there's air in the system, is it not the pipes/radiator valves making a noise ?

Normally venting the pump and radiators would clear the air.

Are all the radiators heating - if they are then there's unlikely to be much air in the system.

htg

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1