air in the system
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
chaser
Labourer
Labourer

air in the system

by chaser » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:34 pm

i am having another set of contractors out again as for seven years [thats right years ] i have had air going through my central heating ...various solotions have been the obvious bleeds , drains , system flushes [two in one year] numerous noise reduction fliud being put through a seperate tap on my pipe to the tank to reduce the flow speed???sorry non the wiser
pumps been checked and ok the do'fer in the roof near the cold water tank [you can tell im not a plumber /engineer] also has been checked so pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee any ideas fellas before i give the chap ear ache on how cheesed off iam at chasing whistling rads before switching off in dispare :twisted: :evil: :evil: oh and i have had the boiler replaced

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:53 pm

chaser,
Possibly a badly designed system with air being sucked in the vent pipe.
Check the pumps (do you have more than 1) to see if they are on the lowest speed setting. Have you had the pump(s) replaced and they have been fitted the wrong way this reversing the flow.
end

chaser
Labourer
Labourer

air in the system

by chaser » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:24 pm

thanks for getting back to me had a chap out this morning and the only thing i could suggest [given all the different repairs /fixes previously had] would be that i think the air must due to some kind of valve prob-turns out he has he has just altered one of the return pipe valves to off on the landing .
as it was on a quart turn which was causing the air to gush through thus causing a noisy pump also so now i have a quiet pimp,or even pump so far i have had no noise as i am drying my clothes and i keep forgetting its on...so fingers crossed

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1