AL08 Fault on a SDW80 Hotpoint Dishwasher
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

BertB
Labourer
Labourer

AL08 Fault on a SDW80 Hotpoint Dishwasher

by BertB » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:25 am

Hi
I'd really appreciate if anyone can advise me in relation to an AL08 code fault on an Hotpoint Ultima SDW80, S/N: 610053933 (not sure if these digits needed too - 373 10160000).

Sites point to the code meaning "Heating timeout" and need to ,
Check wash heater and thermistors.

I'm no electrician, but i'm fairly handy. Having read a little about the possible fault, it seems likely that it's beyond my very limited tool box and knowledge.

But, before i ring someone about it, i just wanted to ask if there anyone knows if there's a likely issue that someone like me could relatively easily solve?

Results of my searching:
This site http://www.selfix-uk.co.uk/search-keyword.php
Gives the following info:
"Error: AL08,
Machine: Dishwasher,
Type: Hotpoint EV03 Module + DWF70-DWM75 + SD+FDW80+FDW85+SDW80+SD,
Fault: Machine did not heat within a given time. Check the thermistor and positioning on the dispenser. When a fault has been corrected you should reset the machine by either; turning it off by the on/off button and waiting for about 30 seconds or press and hold the Start/Reset button depending on your model"

Then found the following:
http://www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk/how-to- ... hermistor/
This gives the following info, which no doubt most regulars on this forum will already know.

"How to test an NTC thermistor
Unless you can see a wire has come loose you are unlikely to see anything physically wrong. Diagnosis is done by measuring the resistance with a continuity (or multi) meter. I can’t give readings for all thermistors because they vary, especially in different types of appliance, but you should be able to get a reading across both terminals. If it’s completely open circuit it’s likely to be faulty."

Given i don't have a continuity/multi meter, i'm guessing this repair is beyond me.

Any advice would be much appreciated
Bert.

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:32 am