alarm
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
johnthejoiner
Apprentice
Apprentice

alarm

by johnthejoiner » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:51 pm

i work as a locksmith sometimes i am required to gain entry to empty properties some with alarms, how do i turn off alarm not having the code?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:11 am

There are engineers codes but to get them you would need to be accredited and a member of some overseeing organisation.

I don't work with alarms any more and even if I did I would hope the moderators would never allow me to post the codes on a forum.

I know my daughter-in-law is a locksmith and son was an alarm engineer and he will not even give his wife the codes.

As he rightly says she has not had to undergo any police check to become a locksmith where he did to become alarm engineer and if anyone ever found he had given her codes he would never work as alarm engineer again.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:55 pm

J t J,
surely thats the point of an alarm....
I know how to silence most alarms but as Eric says I would not tell anyone else, you could be 'Burglar-Bill' or he could be reading this.
If you are going into a property legally then why does the person ordering the work not have the code?

sorry very suss, ..phishing?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:27 pm