Am I being Stupid :?

Postby jowood007 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:26 pm

I changed a lioght fitting a while ago and all was working fine. The other night, the lights blew and the consumer unit trpped (all had been working fine for a few years).

I reset the CU and no light. I changed bulbs and still no light. I then looked at the wiring in the fitting. One black wire had come loose.

This is where I am getting confused. I think I have a loop in system but there are four 3 core cables coming in. I assume 1 is switch, 2 are the loop but dont know what the 4th is. It is a bedrom. there is only 1 light fitting and only 1 switch. :?

Any help on wht this other cable can be.
jowood007
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ian2799 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:02 pm

depending on who wired circuit its possible he has taken a third loop feed and neutral to another light instead of looping from light to light
ian2799
Progress to next rank:
31.6%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!