Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
hamertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

Anti-Syphon Trap advice?

by hamertime » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:13 pm

Hello,

I have had a problem with my kitchen sink whereby at random times a stench seems to appear, it becomes so bad sometimes we actually have to leave the room. Its weird as the smell just seems to appear from nowhere then it goes after a few hours.

It is a newly built flat on the 8th floor of a high rise block and the sink has a U bend, I have spoken to a plumber on the phone and he seems to think that a Anti-Syphon Trap should resolve the problem. Do you think this will solve the problem?

The problem is I have no idea about plumbing so wondered if anyone can offer me any advice, basically the questions I need answering are below:

• What sort of Anti-Syphon Trap do I need? Can anyone show me a picture.
• How would I go about fitting it and exactly where does it attach too?

Anyway any advice would be most appreciated, so thanks a lot in advance guys.

:lol: :lol:

retrostew
Apprentice
Apprentice

by retrostew » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:54 am

Hi Hammertime.

anti siphon trap sounds good advice but go for a quality product ,Hep do a really good one.

hamertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

by hamertime » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:40 pm

Thanks retrostew, I've just bought a Hep VO anti siphon trap.

Can you advice me as to where it needs to be fiited too exactly? i.e. is it inbetween the U bend and the sink or do you fit it after the U bend?

Thanks in advance :lol:

hamertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

by hamertime » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Hi restrostew, Thank you for you much needed advice. I've just bought a Hep V anti siphon trap as suggested.

Please could someone advice me as to exactly where I should fit it to? i.e. does it go in between the sink and the U bend or is it fitted after the U bend?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I really am an amateur!!

hamertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

by hamertime » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:46 pm

Hi restrostew, Thank you for you much needed advice. I've just bought a Hep V anti siphon trap as suggested.

Please could someone advice me as to exactly where I should fit it to? i.e. does it go in between the sink and the U bend or is it fitted after the U bend?

hamertime
Apprentice
Apprentice

by hamertime » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:57 pm

retrostew
Apprentice
Apprentice

by retrostew » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:27 pm

hello again

you just place it where the trap used to go..
not difficult at all , just be carefull you dont cross thread the nut!!

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:20 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

8 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:47 am