Anti-woodworm stain?
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AdrianS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Anti-woodworm stain?

by AdrianS » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:49 pm

Hi All,

I'm working to expose the ceiling joists in our new house and will be staining them a dark oak colour. However they show signs of a previous minor woodworm infestation. I don't think it's current but would like to treat the joists nevertheless, to be absolutely sure.

Does anyone know of any stain with anti-woodworm treatment included or do I need to apply two separate products?

At the moment I've bought some Cuprinol wood treatment (woodworm and dry / wet rot) and separate tins of Ronseal exterior woodstain. I've been told you can get stains that do both jobs but can't find any.

Cheers,
Ade

Oddbod
Ganger
Ganger

by Oddbod » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:47 pm

Hi. I'm probably missing something here, but since you've already got the separate tins, is there any reason why you wouldn't just apply them separately?

I don't know of any combined product, but then I haven't really looked.

AdrianS
Apprentice
Apprentice

by AdrianS » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:59 am

Hi Oddbod,

I could, but hoped that an 'all-in-one' solution might save me having to wait for the anti-woodworm stuff to dry fully before I apply the stain.

Also, I suspect that I may not have enough so might need to buy more of each anyway.

Cheers,
Ade

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:43 am