3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bluemaian
Labourer
Labourer

Ants nests in the garden

by bluemaian » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:31 am

Hi All,

I am new to this forum....

The reason for this post is that I am fed up with the amount of ants nests in my front and back garden. (about 20 in total) They are completely ruining the grass by creating big bald patches.

I've tried salt and boiling hot water which gets rid of them temporarily however they always seem to come back. I've even tried digging up the nests!!

Please can someone advise the best methods to rid me of these things.

Will

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Ants nests in the garden

by stoneyboy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:37 pm

bluemaian,
Try ant nest killer or if you want to be eco friendly use nematodes.
end

stronach
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Ants nests in the garden

by stronach » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:44 pm

Just seen your post from last July. If you still have problems this coming summer try oil of cloves. I saw this suggested on another gardening forum and tried it on some red ant nests that were ruining my front lawn. Got a 10ml bottle from local chemist, not cheap but cheaper online if you look around, mixed half of it in a watering can with one gallon of water in it, put a rose sprinkler on and gave the nest sites a good soaking. It doesn't kill the blighters but they can't stand the stuff and hot foot it pronto. I was amazed how good it was as I had tried all sorts of stuff with limited success. It is a bit pongy though, keep it off the skin and avoid splashing in the eyes, it is very concentrated stuff. Good luck.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:40 pm