Appliance isolator switches
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sleepy
Labourer
Labourer

Appliance isolator switches

by Sleepy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:58 pm

Hi,
Im changing all my plastic sockets and switches to chrome. There are 2 though i am not sure about. I have 2 isolator switches in the kitchen mounted on the tiles above the worktops, one labelled cooker hood/dishwasher, the other washer/dryer, made by Volex. Ive searched everywhere for some replacements, does anyone know where i can get some, or could i replace each with a single isolator switch, they seem more freely available? If i can use single switches for two appliances, what Amp would i need?

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Appliance isolator switches

by BLAKEY1963 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:23 pm

[quote="Sleepy"]Hi,
Im changing all my plastic sockets and switches to chrome. There are 2 though i am not sure about. I have 2 isolator switches in the kitchen mounted on the tiles above the worktops, one labelled cooker hood/dishwasher, the other washer/dryer, made by Volex. Ive searched everywhere for some replacements, does anyone know where i can get some, or could i replace each with a single isolator switch, they seem more freely available? If i can use single switches for two appliances, what Amp would i need?[/quote]

SLEEPY
Try an electrical wholesaler.
BLAKEY1963

ericmark

by ericmark » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:57 am

Look at Grid switches and do remember these are higher power than lights you need to select correct power rating most likely 20 amp.
Eric

Sleepy
Labourer
Labourer

by Sleepy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:52 pm

Thanks ericmark, you have pointed me in the right direction now.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:52 am