applying oil based satinwood to doors and radiators
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
officergent01
Labourer
Labourer

applying oil based satinwood to doors and radiators

by officergent01 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:37 pm

Whats best when applying top coat oil based satin wood... good quality brush or gloss roller. In the past, even with brushing out well, had problems with runs in panel corners and in bottom of panelled radiators.

JRS
Ganger
Ganger

Re: applying oil based satinwood to doors and radiators

by JRS » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:11 pm

I always preffer a brush, Far better finish, Just dont throw the paint on keep the coast even and put a little drop on at a time, Allow about 5 min for runns to occur and then just give them a dab and brush out with a dry brush. Everyone gets runs at somepoint sometims it just fills down the edges hens why it builds up in the corners.

kinglee
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: applying oil based satinwood to doors and radiators

by kinglee » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:45 pm

Radiators i always use a brush, as a roller will not get in the rite place, as for doors i use abit of both, for the flat panels i would use a gloss roller as its quicker and alot easier to get an even amount of paint, if the doors have a wood grain effect i would first roll them then run a brush over them after to keep the grain.

As for runs, just keep checking it every few mins and brush away whats there, if your getting alot of runs this is a good sign your using way to much paint.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:20 am