Aqualisa shower feed
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
splashy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Aqualisa shower feed

by splashy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:28 pm

When I moved into this house there was an Aqualisa 600 thermostatic shower fitted,worked fine for several years.One day the plastic cap on the hot inlet(where it connected to the copper feed) blew off,causing a fair bit of water damage,and I had to destroy part of the shower enclosure to get at it and repair the leak.
My question is,further to an earlier one about plastic to copper connection..I repaired the broken plastic hot feed,replacing it with the cap,washer and metal ring from one of the standard 15mm grey plastic connectors available from DIY shops,but which are intended I think to make new connections with copper piping.
I seem to have made a decent joint,but before I rebox and tile the enclosure,would I be better ordering and using the custom made fittings which are available from Aqualisa spares suppliers?
Cheers

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:40 pm

If you can tell us what you have broken, we may be able to help.

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:46 pm

dear splashy i think the problem is that you are questioning your own work if its working and there is no leaks then why not finish off the job
bob

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

by marrtin » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:00 am

The part you have fitted may very well work successfully, but I don't see how any professional plumber can recommend a repair that doesn't involve genuine replacement parts especially when we cannot see exactly how the parts fit together! Sorry.

splashy
Apprentice
Apprentice

by splashy » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:18 pm

[quote="peter the plumber"]If you can tell us what you have broken, we may be able to help.[/quote]

Cheers for all replies.
For the sake of peace of mind,Ive obtained genuine Aqualisa fittings(the problem was that the plastic elbow which joins the hot copper feed to the main body of the shower unit had split,and the cold one seemed to be held together with silicone),and will re-do both joints.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:16 pm