Aquarium Electrics
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Paul-E
Apprentice
Apprentice

Aquarium Electrics

by Paul-E » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:57 am

Hi,

I'm looking for a 240v multi connector for a new aquarium.

A few years back I bought a 6 way multi connector from homebase which basically has a fuse, a power indicator light and six sockets at bottom with 6 plugs (supplied with unit)that obviously fit into sockets. The unit itself has a length of exstension cable that plugs into 240v socket.

Why not just use a 6G exstension lead I hear you say?

Thing is with external pumps etc I am limited to space in my cabinet so want something more compact with smaller plugs than the standard 240v and most important of all something that looks tidy...without costing the earth.

Any help appreciated. Been searching net for hours. Nearest I have found is a switch box but that is no good as I need to be able to un-plug individual things at different times.

Thanks.

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:41 pm

The standard IEC distribution unit for example RS Components 374-137 are still available but at £66.99 for a 10 way model I think they are well over priced. I did see one cheaper make by Dell at £26 which to me points one in the direction of computer suppliers. The 10 amp sockets like those used in many kettles come in two types heat resisting and non heat resisting the heat resisting types have a little notch so a non heat resisting plug and go in heat resisting socket but not other way around.
There are other options RS 4 way hard wired distr plug,13A 250V 325-5966 will allow 4 cables into one plug.
The other option is to get some continental multi-socket boxes complete with plugs next time you go on holiday I often stock up when I am away.
Good excuse for a holiday!

Yours Eric

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:31 am