Artex Removal
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
normski216
Labourer
Labourer

Artex Removal

Post by normski216 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:17 am

New to this forum so big hello to all, i have a LARGE amount (3 floors of stairs and landings) of artex to be removed/covered and have read the article on this site. to me the removal product makes sense and seems to be an easier option than the plastering over method. Does anybody have any tips, horror stories or alternatives to share, thanks in advance! 8)

Shewomancattypething
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Shewomancattypething » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:20 pm

We have artex ceilings and after researching several methods of removal we found the best and cheapest way is to use a steam wall paper stripper. Just apply the steam plate to the ceiling and then scrape with a wall paper stripper

Just remember to use a dust mask and safety goggles and cover all items in the room

Doing our living room ceiling this week.

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:24 pm

Before taking this advice please check your artex is post 1970. If not it may contain asbestos and be extremely dangerous. Please see our project on artex removal to stay safe.

iylgetmetools
Labourer
Labourer

Post by iylgetmetools » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:16 am

New here so Hi :)

Got a lot of walls and ceilings that are artexed & i'd like to remove it. The house was built in 1949 and i'm concerned about it possibly containing asbestos. Does the wet application of Eco Solutions X-Tex make it safe to use in these situations?

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:49 am

Be prepared for a long and messy job if you're removing it. If you use a steamer you'll have to score it as well. Docs right - if it's 1970s stuff it WILL contain asbestos so whether your going to scrape it off or score for steaming you MUST take precautions.

For that amount - personally I'd have it skimmed.

Cheers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:13 am