Asbestos Flu – Should I remove myself?


Postby Vince Meakins » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:58 pm

I’m in the process of buying a sixties bungalow and have just had a survey back stating it has a small asbestos flu which is no longer used, but appears to be loose. Anyone have any knowledge of getting these removed? Would it be expensive and are there any DIY solutions to this?

Many thanks to anyone to all you helpers out there
Vince Meakins
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:35 pm

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:58 pm

Vince Meakins,
Remove it carefully, don't cut it or smash it up and take whole pieces double bagged in plastic to your local recycling site but check they are approved to take asbestos waste. You may need to get a permit from your local council.
end
stoneyboy
Posts: 2708
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm


Postby Perry525 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:15 pm

This will be white asbestos, which is harmless, unless worked on with power tools, ie; sawing, drilling, grinding etc.
There is asbestos in the air normally, we all breathe it in every day without coming to any harm, the regulations are aimed at people who work with asbestos on a daily basis.
Perry525
Posts: 717
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:35 pm


Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


 


  • Related Topics