Attachment for a drill to clean paintbrushes
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
krispedro
Labourer
Labourer

Attachment for a drill to clean paintbrushes

by krispedro » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:02 am

hi everyone
does anyone know of a product that attaches to an electric drill and then you connect your paint brush to it, you then start the drill and the product spins the brush at a fast speed (into a bucket or box) removing the paint

any help would be grateful especially where i could buy them :D

thx kris

prime decorators
Labourer
Labourer

Re: decorating

by prime decorators » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:44 pm

[quote="krispedro"][size=18][b]hi everyone
does anyone know of a product that attaches to an electric drill and then you connect your paint brush to it, you then start the drill and the product spins the brush at a fast speed (into a bucket or box) removing the paint

any help would be grateful especially where i could buy them :D

thx kris[/b][/size][/quote] Hi, i have been a decorator for nearly 30 years and im sorry i have never seen or heard of this.Or do you mean a paint mixer attatchment for a drill?

krispedro
Labourer
Labourer

by krispedro » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:43 pm

hi there

it was on one of the shopping channels a couple of years ago

its just i am sick of buying new brushes and rollers after the wife decides she wants to do a bit of painting, then she just leaves the brushes in turps for a few weeks or just puts them back in the shed without cleaning them

thx anyway

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

by chris_on_tour2002 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:01 am

to be honest i doubt that the product that you refer to works very well anyway. believe me if they that good then all the pros would have them and they'd be on sale in all the hardware shops. i've never seen or heard of them and wouldn't buy one if i did. waste of money quite frankly. fact is there is nothing except good old fashioned elbow grease gonna get your brushes clean.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:56 am