automatic off valve
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wallopedbadly
Labourer
Labourer

automatic off valve

by wallopedbadly » Tue May 27, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi, have just been replacing 8 and 10 mm pipework in my central heating system. Have also changed all TRV's and have added an automatic off valve to link the flow and return lines.
My question is how do you set this. The instructions are not very clear.
Would be very gratefull if someone can shed some light on this.

Cheers

Wallopedbadly

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed May 28, 2008 12:05 am

My crystal ball is broken !!

Make?

Model?

What instructions HAVE you got?

Also apart from posting here did you ask either the guy who made it or the one who sold it to you?

Cheers

wallopedbadly
Labourer
Labourer

auto off valve

by wallopedbadly » Wed May 28, 2008 5:29 pm

Sorry.

Looking back I seem to have written one of the vaguest posts known to man!!! It is a sunvic sbv22 and was told it was a good idea to fit or have one fitted to aid the boiler operation. This is probably due to the fact that the boiler that was in the house I have just purchased was completely shot (expansion vessel etc...)

This auot-off valve/bypass valve is supposed to open as the TRV's close to have optimum flow continuing around the system, works on differential pressure. What pressure drop am I likely to get in the system is what I am asking I suppose, so I can set this valve at somewhere near that point rather than just guessing getting it wrong and it not working.

Cheers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1