automatic off valve

Postby wallopedbadly » Tue May 27, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi, have just been replacing 8 and 10 mm pipework in my central heating system. Have also changed all TRV's and have added an automatic off valve to link the flow and return lines.
My question is how do you set this. The instructions are not very clear.
Would be very gratefull if someone can shed some light on this.

Cheers

Wallopedbadly
wallopedbadly
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby rosebery » Tue May 27, 2008 11:05 pm

My crystal ball is broken !!

Make?

Model?

What instructions HAVE you got?

Also apart from posting here did you ask either the guy who made it or the one who sold it to you?

Cheers
rosebery

Postby wallopedbadly » Wed May 28, 2008 4:29 pm

Sorry.

Looking back I seem to have written one of the vaguest posts known to man!!! It is a sunvic sbv22 and was told it was a good idea to fit or have one fitted to aid the boiler operation. This is probably due to the fact that the boiler that was in the house I have just purchased was completely shot (expansion vessel etc...)

This auot-off valve/bypass valve is supposed to open as the TRV's close to have optimum flow continuing around the system, works on differential pressure. What pressure drop am I likely to get in the system is what I am asking I suppose, so I can set this valve at somewhere near that point rather than just guessing getting it wrong and it not working.

Cheers
wallopedbadly
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!