Basement walls
Drainage pipes, concrete, footings and foundations. Post your questions and find answers here

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
A.R.Hancock
Labourer
Labourer

Basement walls

by A.R.Hancock » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:26 am

From A.R.Hancock
Here's a question!. What are the regs. about basement walls. I am shortly building another house. Haven't put the plans in yet. No probs. But now my wife wants a basement. I've never built a basement before, but I say to myself, just go down another 8' or so. But I haven't seen a "basement builder" who does anything but shutter and pour one way or another,(styrostone etc.). My question is "Can I put in the normal(ish) foundation and a double skin wall, I was thinking on the lines of 9" concrete block inner skin and 4" outer with ins. between, but I'm thinking of the ground pressure, would it be better to have 9" outer and 4" inner or 9" on both or do the regs. say it must be solid. because it would be easier to tank if it was double skin

activate
Labourer
Labourer

by activate » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:24 am

[color=red]Hi! This may be too late, nevertheless you should consult your local Building Regulations Department. -Go to the projects section and click into building regulations project. You can contact the government planning portal from there.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:20 am