Bath mixer insalled and no warm water
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cableguy
Labourer
Labourer

Bath mixer insalled and no warm water

Post by cableguy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:37 pm

HI ladies gents... A plumber came over and installed a Mixer in our bathroom. Now when you turn the tap to warm you get a very very small amount of water comming out of the tap(which is slightly warm), when the tap is moved to the right to mix the water it just stays cold and the further you move it the colder it gets.... Basically the water is always cold in the bath... Every other tap in the house is ok(thats cuz we don't have mixers anywhere else...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

muckul
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Bath mixer insalled and no warm water

Post by muckul » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:37 am

[quote="cableguy"]HI ladies gents... A plumber came over and installed a Mixer in our bathroom. Now when you turn the tap to warm you get a very very small amount of water comming out of the tap(which is slightly warm), when the tap is moved to the right to mix the water it just stays cold and the further you move it the colder it gets.... Basically the water is always cold in the bath... Every other tap in the house is ok(thats cuz we don't have mixers anywhere else...

Any suggestions?

Thanks[/quote]i guess you have to check flexible connectors ( i guess person who install this mix taps use flexible tap connectors ) bend the pipe therefore you dont have enough water coming throuugh the tap check it try make it straight line while water is on, you will see the amount of water will change then you will have more hot water on tap.

cableguy
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Bath mixer insalled and no warm water

Post by cableguy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:18 pm

[quote="muckul"][quote="cableguy"]HI ladies gents... A plumber came over and installed a Mixer in our bathroom. Now when you turn the tap to warm you get a very very small amount of water comming out of the tap(which is slightly warm), when the tap is moved to the right to mix the water it just stays cold and the further you move it the colder it gets.... Basically the water is always cold in the bath... Every other tap in the house is ok(thats cuz we don't have mixers anywhere else...

Any suggestions?

Thanks[/quote]i guess you have to check flexible connectors ( i guess person who install this mix taps use flexible tap connectors ) bend the pipe therefore you dont have enough water coming throuugh the tap check it try make it straight line while water is on, you will see the amount of water will change then you will have more hot water on tap.[/quote]

Hey man thanks for the reply. You were correct :) I have cut down the copper piping and connected the flexible tap connectors. Just when I thought everything was ok.... A new problem...
ok the Water comes some some more now (still not as much as a normal tap would) and when I try to mix, its like the warm tap closes and the cold tap kicks in this happens before I even get to the half way point on the tap used for everyday mixing...
Again any suggestion would be welcome
Thanks

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:59 am