Bath stone repairs.
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
potcher
Labourer
Labourer

Bath stone repairs.

Post by potcher » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:16 am

I want to repair a bathstone window sill, but have been told that certain mortar mixes can attack the stone. The area to be repaired is not too big and I'm wondering whether biulding up layers of Tetrion filler or similar would do the trick. Any help please.

canny
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by canny » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:42 pm

Go to Travis Perkins and buy Bath stone Mix, which is like a cement mix for bath stone............Dont use any fillers it will only fall out

potcher
Labourer
Labourer

Bathstone repairs

Post by potcher » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:40 pm

[quote="canny"]Go to Travis Perkins and buy Bath stone Mix, which is like a cement mix for bath stone............Dont use any fillers it will only fall out[/quote]
Many thanks to you. I will definitely try that in future. Potcher

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:37 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:25 am